VIRAL regularly publishes guest posts from experts and industry leaders who can provide unique and insightful stories, news, reviews, tips and guides to our readers. We want your story if this is about digital marketing, social media, internet culture, digital creators or online startups.
To submit a guest post (idea or full draft), please send it to our editorial team firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are our guidelines:
If pitching us a story idea:
Feel free to send us a story pitch before writing a full draft so that you can get an initial reading from us on whether or not it’s a topic of interest. Here’s what to include:
- A working headline.
- A bullet point list of key points the story would cover.
- An author bio, including details on your expertise that make it clear why your opinion on the topic should count to readers. We do not accept ghostwriters’ posts.
- Disclosure of any conflicts of interest.
If submitting a full draft:
If you’ve already written the story, go ahead and send it over to us. No need to query us first. Here’s how to do it:
- Include a headline.
- Avoid long introductions.
- Make a strong, clear argument supported by examples, details, and/or data.
- Word count: 500-1,200.
- Disclose any conflicts of interest.
- Include an author bio, including details on your expertise that make it clear why your opinion on the topic should count to readers. We do not accept ghostwriters’ posts.
- We accept unique unpublished drafts only.
- Send your submission to us as a Google Docs attachment.
When will you hear from us?
We try to review all submissions within 1 business day, but it can sometimes take longer. If we’re interested, you should hear from us within 3 business days. If you don’t hear from us within that time, you can consider it a no.
If you’re with a company looking to write about a problem for which your company offers a solution or about any area in which you have a vested interest, your story would qualify as a sponsored post rather than a guest post. To speak to VIRAL about sponsored post opportunities, please contact email@example.com.